The Department of Motor Vehicles has a variety of service options for every situation. You are encouraged to use the preferred service options. By choosing the preferred service option, you will receive quicker, better service at a lower cost to taxpayers.
|Service Option||Expected Service Time *|
EzFleet (Internet service)
VirginiaMCS (Internet service)
(Preferred Service Option)
Credentials will be emailed or mailed to you that same business day if paid by 3:00 PM. Express mail is also available.
Fax, email or mail your application to our central processing unit. DMV will email or mail your credentials.
|Service times for each option are based on current application volumes in DMV’s Motor Carrier IFTA/IRP Processing Center.|
|Drop off your application and DMV will email or mail your credentials.|
* DMV strives to meet the projected service times for every customer interaction, but service times at the end of the month may vary because of heavy service demand. Use VirginiaMCS or plan ahead for faster service.
Payment options vary based on the location where payment is made. When submitting a payment through mail or fax, please include your invoice. Online payments may be made at VirginiaMCS.com.
- Check payments may be remitted by mail to: Virginia DMV, Motor Carrier Services, P O Box 27412, Richmond, VA 23269
- Credit card payments may be made over the phone (804) 249-5130 or online.
- ACH Debit payments may be remitted by mail (address above), faxed to (804) 367-1073 or made online.
- ACH Credit payment may be remitted online.
- eCheck payments may be remitted by mail (address above), faxed to (804) 367-1073 or made online.
Motor Carrier is continuing efforts to safeguard customer information, DMV does not accept credit card payments by mail or email.