To register your vehicles in Virginia, you must:
- Title each vehicle in the fleet in Virginia.
- Determine the type of operation.
- Submit a Virginia Apportioned Registration Application (Form IRP-1).
- Provide proof of Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) filing with IRS (Form 2290, Schedule 1), if applicable.
- DMV will calculate your apportioned registration fees and provide you with an invoice.
- Return the invoice and submit the appropriate fees.
- In return, DMV will provide apportioned cab cards, license plates, and decals if applicable for each vehicle.