In order to maintain a license, DMV requires all limo services to have liability insurance that covers passengers. You can find a licensed and registered limousine service in your locality by searching DMV's database of Licensed Transportation Providers.
You need to be assured that your driver will meet your expectations.
Ask to see the actual limousine that you will be hiring. Ask for a test ride. Make a checklist of the following items:
- Air conditioning/heating, television, sound system, etc. are working.
- Ride is comfortable and the vehicle is clean.
- Limousine will comfortably and safely hold everyone in your party.
- Limousine is equipped with working seat belts for all passengers.
- Virginia vehicle inspection sticker is current.
- Ask about the company's vehicle maintenance program.
- Ask what services will be provided by the company and/or driver.
- Ask how the driver will be dressed.
- Ask if ice, soft drinks or snacks will be provided. Limo companies will not provide, transport or allow consumption of alcohol by underage passengers.
- Are you getting exclusive use of the vehicle during the contract period?
Ask if there will be any additional - or hidden - charges for gratuities, mileage and fuel costs, vehicle cleaning, etc.
- Make sure the contract specifies all the services and the particular vehicle that you want.
- The contract should give you exclusive use of the limousine during the entire contract period.
- Make sure the correct cost is listed in the contract specifying the exact price you have agreed to pay. Itemize all charges including gratuties, mileage, fuel or vehicle cleaning.