To obtain a plate for your homemade trailer, please follow the steps below.
- Submit a completed, signed VSA 22 application and a $5 plate fee, at your local DMV or by mail.
Department of Motor Vehicles
Vehicle Branding Work Center
P.O. Box 27412
Richmond, Virginia 23269-0001
When you have the VIN plate
- Follow the directions on the back of VSA 22.
Contact your local law enforcement officer to
- Inspect the mounted plate
- Sign the VSA 22 application
If you reside in Virginia Beach or Chesapeake, contact DMV Vehicle Branding at 804-367-1179 to request an agent to inspect the trailer. There is no fee for this service.
- Submit the following to your local DMV office to obtain a title and trailer tag: