VirginiaMCS is a free electronic service offered by DMV for processing International Registration Plan (IRP) and International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) transactions. VirginiaMCS allows carriers who have an established Virginia IRP and/or IFTA account to conduct transactions online.
Carriers can apply and receive:
- IRP registration - manage your fleet(s) online
- IFTA credentials - apply for your decals and IFTA license online
- IFTA tax filings - electronically file your quarterly/annual tax filings
Learn more and sign up to be a VirginiaMCS user.
VirginiaMCS is free and includes many benefits, including:
- Convenient and efficient service. Apply for your IFTA and IRP credentials electronically.
- More uptime. Whether you manage a small or large fleet, maximize your time by having IRP plates, IFTA decals and licenses mailed to you.
- Flexibility. Conduct your transactions online at your convenience.
- Accuracy. VirginiaMCS calculates your IFTA taxes and alerts you to any mistakes that could prevent you from submitting your tax return.
Paying for VirginiaMCS Transactions
There are several secure and easy-to-use payment options, including:
- Electronic check
- Credit card
Note: DMV does not accept credit card payments by mail or email. They may be made online at VirginiaMCS.com or by calling the Motor Carrier IFTA/IRP Work Center at 804-249-5140.
- ACH Credit or Debit
Note: See Automated Clearing House Payment Options for more information.
Looking for Even More Convenient Service?
Save time and money by participating in DMV's EZFleet program. EZFleet is an electronic service that allows carriers to title vehicles (trucks, tractors, truck tractors, tow trucks or buses) in Virginia without visiting a DMV customer service center. Carriers with an established Virginia IRP account can participate in EZFleet for their IRP vehicle titling needs without meeting the 75-vehicle minimum fleet size that applies to non-IRP accounts.
Refer to the Motor Carrier Portal for more information regarding access.