- Objective: To enhance safety initiatives in Virginia by focusing on the identification of pedestrian safety problems in jurisdictions and the subsequent development and implementation of solutions.
- Examples of Fundable Components
- Enforcement - Personnel, equipment, operations, studies/surveys, and programs
- Public Information/Education - Personnel and materials
- Examples of Program Evaluation Measures
- Pedestrian fatalities and injuries.
- Number and types of programs and percent of target population being reached by programs.
- Number of arrests per unit by time and type of violations.
- Number and types of educational programs, number and types of materials distributed, frequency of distribution, public knowledge and attitudes about program, and number and percent of target population receiving messages.
Source: The Guidelines for the Submission of Highway Safety Grant Applications.