In Virginia a vehicle crash occurs every three minutes. The odds are one out of four that you will be involved in a crash during your lifetime.
To reduce these odds, the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles has created a different kind of crash course. Our Driver Improvement Program rewards safe drivers and warns potentially unsafe drivers in advance. It helps educate drivers who have developed risky driving practices and it takes dangerous drivers off the road. Here's how it works.
- The Points System
- Moving Violations and Point Assessments
- Reasons for Attending a Driver Improvement Course
- Traffic Violations - Drivers Under Age 18
- Traffic Violations - Drivers Age 18 and Over
- Back on the Road to Safe Driving