The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles promotes a friendly and progressive work environment dedicated to providing the citizens of Virginia with the ultimate in customer service. The agency uses state-of-the-art technology and a unique Code of Professionalism to achieve both its vision and mission. The agency provides:
- Employee recognition programs
- Work-site wellness opportunities
- Paid training opportunities
- A smoke-free environment
- An open door policy that encourages open communication with all members of the agency, including the Commissioner
- Challenging work and career growth opportunities
- A collaborative work environment
- Leadership dedicated to optimizing success
- A commitment to customer service
As an Employer of Choice, the Commonwealth of Virginia and Department of Motor Vehicles offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive total compensation package. The following benefits are available to classified employees.
- Vacation and other types of leave
- Twelve paid holidays per year
- Health insurance
- Sickness and disability program
- Retirement plan
- Deferred compensation with cash match
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
For additional information, visit the Virginia Department of Human Resource Management's Employee Benefits.
DMV offers paid and unpaid internships to students working toward a degree. Students receive valuable work experience and transferable skills. At the same time, they are able to explore a prospective career path and can apply classroom theory to actual work situations. They also learn about career opportunities at DMV and can make valuable networking contacts.