Renewing Your Vehicle Registration by Mail
After your first registration, DMV will mail your renewal notice prior to the expiration date of your registration.
To renew by mail:
- Review your pre-printed vehicle renewal notice that arrived in the mail. If your address is incorrect on the notice, you can still renew by mail. If any other information is incorrect, call DMV at (804) 497-7100 to speak with a DMV customer service agent about the incorrect information.
- Complete the registration renewal form.
- If you are eligible for a multi-year discount and renew your vehicle registration for two years, you will receive a $2 discount.
- Enclose your payment and return the registration in the enclosed envelope to:
- Virginia Deptartment of Motor Vehicles
- Attn: Renewal Center
- P.O. Box 27412
- Richmond, VA 23269-0001
Estimated Delivery Time
Most customers receive their vehicle registration materials within five days, but U.S. mail delivery times vary. Please allow 15 days to receive your decals before contacting DMV.