Show your organization's commitment to highway safety by enrolling in DMV's enhanced Driver Alert program. Driver Alert gives employers the opportunity to customize the information DMV sends related to changes to employees' driving records.
By enrolling in Driver Alert, you can request:
- Immediate alerts of moving violation convictions
- Immediate alerts if drivers accumulate seven adverse points within a calendar year
- Immediate alert of suspensions, revocations, cancellations (e.g. resulting from HAZMAT endorsement expiration, CDL medical certificate expiration), disqualifications, reckless driving, or driving while intoxicated convictions
- The month and day you wish to receive annual risk management driver records - required for companies who employ drivers with commercial driver's licenses (CDL)
How It Works
Employers provide DMV with a list of drivers electronically and can add or delete drivers as needed. If a driver does not hold a CDL or is not required to hold a CDL as a condition of employment, employers must obtain permission from the employee to receive a copy of their driving record.
Participants are billed $10 for each driving record that is generated. If none of your employees have convictions, there is no additional charge. When a conviction hits a record, notification is sent to the employer the following day.
Enrolling in Driver Alert
You may apply to participate in the Driver Alert program by downloading
- either a Commercial Information Use Agreement Application (US-532A) (non-governmental entities) or a Government Information Use Agreement Application (US-532B) (governmental entities) and
- an Application for Extranet Transaction Access (US-532E/ER).
Submit your completed application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (804) 367-2536. Applications received by mail will not be processed but will be returned to you.
You will be invoiced for an application fee of $25 (non-governmental only). In addition, DMV will collect a $65 fee to establish login credentials for each user on your account (all applicants).
Driver Alert is an efficient, cost-effective way for your organization to ensure that your employees are safe, qualified drivers, and positively promotes your commitment to highway safety. To find out more, contact Use Agreement Services at (804) 474-2294 or send an email to email@example.com.
Refer to state-owned vehicles for additional information.