Have a DMV question or need service in a pinch? Check out our self-service options.
DMV Self-Service Options
Can you conduct your business online? More than 40 services can be done online, including:
- Creating an online account
- PIN/Password help (follow the prompts on the screen for assistance)
- Changing your address
- Ordering a replacement license, ID, title or registration
- Renewing your registration, driver's license or ID
- Notifying us you’ve sold a vehicle
- Surrendering unneeded license plates
- Tracking delivery of your order
Need an appointment? Schedule one here. Appointments are scheduled a maximum of 90 days in advance. Call center agents cannot schedule appointments beyond what you see on this calendar.
Need to title and register a vehicle? You have three options. Visit a DMV Select (many are scheduling service by appointment only), mail in the paperwork (instructions here), or make an appointment to visit a DMV customer service center.
New to Virginia? Learn more about transferring your driver's license and vehicle title here.
Need to mail us a form? Here are our forms and our address:
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
- P.O. Box 27412
- Richmond, VA 23269
Have another question? Check out our FAQs for helpful information at your fingertips.
Still Need to Talk to Us?
We are currently experiencing an extraordinarily high volume of calls as Virginians adjust to our new way of doing business in the current COVID-19 public health emergency. When all of our lines are in use, our phone number may ring busy. Rest assured, it is working, and we're working diligently to get your call. We very much appreciate your patience and look forward to serving you!
Call us at:
- (804) 497-7100
- 711 or (800) 828-1120 (Virginia Relay)
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eastern
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to noon, Eastern
Note: At DMV, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Due to strict privacy laws, we can only talk to you about your own record. If you are contacting DMV for someone else, we will not be able to discuss their record with you. For more information, see Release of DMV Information.
Are you a member of the news media? Please click here.