Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC ®) at DMV
You can now apply for your TWIC at several DMV offices across Virginia.
About TWIC ®
TWIC ® is required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act for workers who need access to secure areas of the nation’s maritime facilities and vessels.
Applying for your TWIC ®
To apply for your TWIC ®, follow the steps below.
- To save time, apply online.
- Schedule an “in-person enrollment” appointment online.
- Go to an enrollment center, including one of the DMV locations listed below, to provide the required identity/immigration documentation, complete fingerprinting and photo requirements, pay the fee, and complete the application process.
DMV TWIC ® Locations
Visit any of these DMV locations to apply for your TWIC ® or for your scheduled appointment.
- Abingdon Customer Service Center
- Charlottesville Customer Service Center
- Fredericksburg Customer Service Center
- Newport News Customer Service Center
- Richmond Central Customer Service Center
- Roanoke Customer Service Center
- Stephens City Motor Carrier Service Center
- Tysons Corner Customer Service Center
For more information and eligibility requirements, visit tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.