Virginia Driver's Manual
Which Format is Right for You?
The Driver's Manual is available in a variety of formats.
Interactive With Practice Questions
The Virginia Driver's Manual is available in an interactive format, the Driver's License Study Guide.
Designed for smartphones, tablets, and laptops, the Driver's License Study Guide contains all of the content of the print version of the Virginia Driver's Manual along with many practice questions to reinforce the material and prepare users for the Driver Traffic Signs and General Knowledge tests.
The Virginia Driver's Manual is available in PDF format and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print.
- Complete Manual
- Cover, Introduction, Table of Contents
- Section 1: Testing
- Section 2: Signals, Signs and Pavement Markings
- Section 3: Safe Driving
- Section 4: Seat Belts, Air Bags and Child Safety Seats
- Section 5: Penalties
- Section 6: License Types
- Section 7: Other Important Information
- Section 8: Sample Knowledge Exams, inside back cover, back cover
The Virginia Driver's Manual is also available in audio (MP3) format. To play this, please make sure that you have a plug-in installed that can play a MP3 audio file.
To follow along while listening to the audio, download a copy of the Virginia Driver's Manual.
- Introduction - duration 0:52
- Section 1 - duration 7:50
- Section 2
- Section 3
- Section 4 - duration 5:54
- Section 5
- Section 6 - duration 6:23
- Section 7 - duration 5:22
- Section 8 through inside back cover - duration 4:07
You may also obtain a copy of the Virginia Driver's Manual from any DMV customer service center. If you are in high school or attending a commercial driving school, your school will also have copies.
* Virginia Driver’s Manual revised December 1, 2016