Electronic Lien Program Responsibilities - DMV
Lienholders Codes for Participants
DMV will maintain a lienholder code table in its automated files. The table will be updated as needed, based on information received from participating financial institutions.
Routine Transmission of Data
- DMV will transmit information to each lienholder, nightly.
- Transmissions will be done as part of regular nightly production, at the end of DMVs batch cycle.
- Transmissions will include all:
- title establishment transactions processed by DMV that day during working hours
- confirmations of all messages received from the lienholder
- correction messages to data previously transmitted to the lienholder by DMV.
- DMV will retrieve lienholder transmissions daily, upon completion of all lienholders transmissions.
Corrections of Errors
DMV will notify the appropriate lienholder of errors in transmission and/or data by the next working day after the error is discovered. Notification can be through the nightly production process or by telephone.[Back to Top]
Printing of Titles
Unless otherwise specified, Lien Satisfied and Print Title transactions will be handled the same evening received. All titles will be printed during nightly production. At the beginning of the next working day, the titles will be mailed to the vehicle owner (Lien Satisfied) or lending institution (Print Title). Paper titles needed in an emergency situation should be requested through the "Emergency" folder and with a "distributive printing" message.[Back to Top]
Automated Interface / On-Line Dealers Work Center
- The work center, located in the Richmond, Virginia DMV headquarters building, is open from 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- The work center operates a dedicated telephone line reserved for use by electronic lien program participants.
- Work center personnel will be available to answer questions and resolve problems during normal business hours.
- The work center can be reached at (804) 367-2495 or 367-2841.