For New Employees
Congratulations on your new career with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)! As a new employee of the Commonwealth of Virginia, you are now a part of a dedicated team that serves Virginians.
As an employer, DMV is committed to providing a safe working environment that promotes equal opportunity and values diversity among its employees. We hope this is the first of many steps in a challenging and rewarding career. To enhance your journey, you should learn all that you can about DMV by visiting our website, www.dmvNOW.com.
Before your first day, please take a moment to read and familiarize yourself with the following employee communications. I hope you'll take advantage of DMV's online services and visit our site often. DMV is an exciting and innovative place to work. Welcome to the team.
- Richard D. Holcomb
- DMV Commissioner
New Employee Materials
- Spotlight Newsletter
- COVA Care
- COVA HDHP
- COVA Health Aware
- COVA Care Member Handbook
- COVA Care Summary of Benefits
- Health Coverage
- Kaiser Permanente HMO
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS) Plan Handbooks
- VRS - Virginia Sickness and Disability Handbook
- VRS – Life Insurance Information & Certificate
- VRS - Basic Group Life
- VRS - Optional Group Life Insurance
- Commonwealth of Virginia Employee Handbook
- Policies and Procedures (DMV 220)
Forms (Complete and bring with you on your first day)
- Information Security Policy Acknowledgement (HRO 29 )
- Policies/Procedures/Handbooks Acknowledgement (HRO 63 )
- Use of Electronic Communications and Social Media
- Summary of the Commonwealth of Virginia's Policy on Alcohol and Other Drugs (HRO 46 )
Be sure to bring your acceptable documents to complete the I-9 Form, along with the New Employee Policies and Procedures Booklet.