Funds to Reduce Alcohol and Impaired Driving
- Objective: To broaden the scope and number of activities directed toward reducing traffic crash loss arising in whole or in part from persons driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Examples of Fundable Components
- Management - Coordinator, other personnel
- Enforcement - Training, equipment, operations, public information/education
- Prosecution - Training and equipment
- Adjudication - Training and equipment
- Screening/Referral/Probation - Training, equipment, driver licensing
- Prevention/Intervention - Training, equipment, public information/education
- Public Information/Education - Media materials and personnel
- Examples of Program Evaluation Measures
- Alcohol-related crashes resulting in fatalities and injuries.
- Nighttime (8:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.) crashes resulting in fatalities and injuries.
- Community Programs - Number of comprehensive programs and number and percent of target population being reached by program.
- Enforcement - Number and percent of officers trained, units of equipment in use, total DUI arrests, DUI arrests per shift/unit/hour, DUI arrests between 8:00 p.m. and 3:00 a.m., DUI arrests Thursday through Sunday or during other hours.
- Percent of licensed drivers arrested for DUI, and total processing time per arrest.
Source: The Guidelines for the Submission of Highway Safety Grant Applications.