Remote Testing in Schools
DMV’s remote testing program is a partnership with the Department of Education and private schools. Using web-based technology, students can access the DMV knowledge test in a proctored setting at their schools, instead of having a parent take them to a DMV office. Students immediately receive their test results. Upon successful completion, students are issued a “testing ticket” to take to a DMV customer service center for expedited processing.
Parents, students, and school administrators appreciate the convenient service. Our vendor partner produced a short video about our success.
There is no cost to the schools to participate. Schools just need a computer lab with Internet access and a staff member to proctor the exams. DMV will set up the program and help train staff.
Participating Schools and Localities
Below are many of the localities and schools taking advantage of DMV’s remote testing:
- Bristol – Virginia High School
- Charlottesville - Charlottesville High School
- Culpeper – Culpeper and Eastern View High Schools
- Cumberland County High School
- Essex - St. Margaret's School
- Fairfax County– Centreville and Westfield High Schools
- Franklin County High School
- Goochland County – Goochland High School
- Henrico – Deep Run, Freeman, Glen Allen, Godwin, Henrico, Hermitage, Highland Springs, Tucker, and Varina High Schools, and The Academy at Virginia Randolph
- Loudoun – Freedom, John Champe, Loudoun County, Potomac Falls, and Stone Bridge High Schools
- Lunenburg – Central High School
- Madison County High School
- Montgomery – Blacksburg, Christiansburg, and Eastern Montgomery High Schools
- Newport News – Denbigh, Warwick and Woodside High Schools
- Page – Luray and Page County High Schools
- Powhatan County – Powhatan High School
- Richmond City – George Wythe, Open, and Thomas Jefferson High Schools
- Rockingham County – Eastern Mennonite School
- Russell – Castlewood High School
- Scott – Twin Springs and Rye Cove High Schools
- Shenandoah – Central, Strasburg, and Stonewall Jackson High Schools
- Spotsylvania High School
- Staunton - Robert E. Lee High School
- Waynesboro County - Waynesboro High
DMV values the partnerships we have created and welcome the opportunity to serve all public and private schools in the Commonwealth. If your school is not participating in DMV’s remote testing program, ask it to contact DMV to find out how it can join.