Driver Alert Voluntary Driving Record Monitoring Program
Show your company's commitment to highway safety by enrolling in DMV's enhanced Driver Alert program. Driver Alert gives employers the opportunity to customize the information DMV sends related to changes to employees' driving records.
By enrolling in Driver Alert, you can request:
- Immediate alerts of moving violation convictions
- Immediate alerts if drivers accumulate seven adverse points within a calendar year
- Immediate alert of suspensions, revocations, cancellations (e.g. resulting from HAZMAT endorsement expiration, CDL medical certificate expiration), disqualifications, reckless driving, or driving while intoxicated convictions
- The month and day you wish to receive annual risk management driver records - required for companies who employ drivers with commercial driver's licenses (CDL)
How It Works
Employers provide DMV with a list of drivers electronically and can add or delete drivers as needed. If a driver does not hold a CDL or is not required to hold a CDL as a condition of employment, employers must obtain permission from the employee to receive a copy of his or her driving record.
Participants are billed $10 for each driving record that is generated. If none of your employees have convictions, there is no additional charge. When a conviction hits a record, notification is sent to the employer the following day.
Enrolling in Driver Alert
Entities may apply to participate in the Driver Alert program by downloading an Information Use Agreement Application ((form US-531A)) and an Application for Extranet Transaction Access (form US-531E). Mail your completed Information Use Agreement Application (US-531A) and Application for Extranet Transaction Access (US-531E) with the $25 application fee and $65 for each RSA SecureID token fee(s) required to the following address:
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Use Agreement Services
- P. O. Box 27412
- Richmond, VA 23269
Driver Alert is an efficient, cost effective way for your company to ensure that your employees are safe, qualified drivers, and positively promotes your commitment to highway safety. To find out more, download our Driver Alert brochure .
If you have questions about the application process, contact Use Agreement Services at (804) 497-7155 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refer to state-owned vehicles for additional information.