Electronic Lien Program Processing Overview
The Virginia DMV has developed an internal Electronic Lien Program (ELP) application. The messages produced by DMVs ELP process are transmitted through folders.
E-Lien Process (Nighttime Batch)
- DMV creates a Lien Notification message for each new title establishment that contains a lien issued by an electronic lien program participant.
- Outgoing Lien Notification, Confirmation and Error messages are sent to the lienholder's folder.
- Participating electronic lienholders retrieve ELP messages from their individual accounts.
- Lienholders process DMV Lien Notification messages and format a response. Title Print requests and Lien Satisfaction messages are created.
- Lienholder responses and requests are sent to DMVs folder.
- DMV retrieves all messages from its folder. Lien Release and Title Print request messages are translated and processed. A confirmation message is created for each message received.
- All Confirmation and Error responses to lienholder originated messages are stored for next day transmission to the lienholders folder (see step 2 above).