Beyond the Numbers
- Stand up and be counted! Virginia's seat belt use goal is 85 percent. Currently, 82 percent of citizens are buckling up.
- Cell phone use while driving distracts from the task at hand -- focusing on the road and vehicles around you. For drivers under the age of 18, cell phone use while driving is against the law. See the Teen Driver Safety page for more information about staying safe on the road.
- If you own a motorcycle, the Virginia Highway Safety Office urges you to take one of the many motorcycle safety training classes available throughout Virginia.
- Nine out of every ten child safety seats are not correctly installed. Learn how to protect your child by correctly installing a child safety seat.
- Mature Drivers are one of the fastest growing groups in Virginia. As we age, our driving needs change. Stay as independent as possible by refreshing your safe driving knowledge to avoid crashes and injuries.