DMV is committed to protecting our neighborhoods, our communities and our nation through the lawful issuance of driver's licenses, identification cards and other DMV products and credentials.
If you have information about DMV-related fraud, please contact us:
- 1-877-ZERO-FRAUD (1-877-937-6372)
You do not have to provide your name or contact information. However, if you do provide this information, it will remain confidential.
What types of fraud should be reported to the Zero Fraud hotline?
A variety of situations may be considered DMV-related fraud and should be reported. Some examples include:
- Driver's license and ID fraud
- Odometer fraud
- Title fraud
- Misuse of dealer plates and temporary tags
- Sales and use tax evasion
You'll need to provide as much information as possible regarding the suspect and the details of the fraudulent activity. The more information you can provide, the better DMV can determine whether a crime has been committed. Examples of helpful information include:
- Who committed the fraud? (name, address and phone number if possible)
- What did the suspect do?
- Where did the fraud take place?
- When did it happen?
- How was the fraud committed?
- Who else has knowledge of the fraud?