DMV's Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon is DMV's signature mascot who visits community events to teach children about the importance of "snapping" their seat belts when riding in motor vehicles, safety when walking, and DMV child ID cards. For more information about child IDs, visit Child ID Cards.
Snap Dragon debuted at the Richmond Christmas Parade in 1987. Snap Dragon has visited various events throughout the Richmond area to promote child safety, including the Governor's Easter Egg Hunt, the Richmond Children's Hospital Safety Day and DMV Night at the Diamond with the Richmond Flying Squirrels baseball game.
You can download a free copy of the "It's a Snap!" coloring book (DMV-110).
Schedule Snap Dragon for Your Community Event
If you would like to schedule a visit, contact John Messina at email@example.com. For Snap Dragon to make appearances at events, the following criteria must be met:
- Appearances will be held Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. *;
- Appearances may be limited to two hours (including breaks as needed);
- Events must be open to the public;
- A minimum of 250 guests are expected at the event;
- DMV can distribute Snap Dragon coloring books and child ID flyers (and other promotional material deemed appropriate for the event) to event attendees;
- Event venue must have a place (preferably indoors) out-of-sight from guests where Snap Dragon can change into costume and take breaks.
* Major events taking place on weekends will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.