What to Expect When Applying for a Job at DMV
Positions are posted daily to the Recruitment Management System. Make sure to check DMV’s Employment site frequently.
Conditions of Employment
Applicants for positions with the Department of Motor Vehicles must consent to a criminal history and driving record check. In addition, applicants must provide documents showing their eligibility to work in the United States within 3 days of employment.
- If you wish to apply for a job at DMV, you must apply online and respond to any job related questions that are included in the application process. These questions will help Human Resources evaluate your qualifications for the position.
- Once you apply, you will instantly receive an application confirmation number. You can use this number to track the status of your application during the recruitment process.
- Your application and any attachments will be used to screen against criteria relating to the position’s duties and the requested knowledge, skills and abilities.
- If you are invited to interview, do your homework on DMV. Learn who we are and what we do, so that you can relate your experience to the work we do. Check the DMV web site and be prepared to ask some questions of your own.
- If you are interviewed but not selected for a position, you will be notified of this status by email.
- If you are a finalist, you will be contacted by Human Resources to come in to have your fingerprints done for a background check.
- If you are the selected applicant, you will receive a phone call from a Human Resource Consultant offering you the position and discussing salary and benefits. This will be followed up with a confirmation letter.