Are you a member of the Armed Forces? If so, DMV's Military Guide tells you what you need to know about licensing and vehicle registration requirements in Virginia. If you have a military operator's permit and drive heavy vehicles, our Troops to Trucks program makes it easier for you to obtain a Virginia commercial driver's license (CDL).
Veterans may qualify for the Veterans Identification Card, which provides discounts at retail locations and restaurants around Virginia.
- Driver Improvement Program
- Motorcyle Operator Manual
- Obtain a Driver's License Extension
- Applying for a Non-Virginia Address Exception
- Out of State Motorcycle Classification
- Temporarily Outside of Virginia?
- Troops to Trucks
- Virginia Driver's Manual
- Address Change
- Create a Personalized Plate
- Obtain a Veterans Identification Card
- Order a Replacement Title
- Renew Driver's License
- Renew Vehicle Registration
- Request Your Record
- Verify Insurance
- Insurance Requirements
- Search/View Special Plates
- Selling/Donating a Vehicle
- Titling an Imported Vehicle
- Titling a Vehicle in Virginia
- Vehicle Registration Information