Reporting an Impaired Driver
DMV promptly reviews all reports of hazardous or impaired drivers.
Submitting a Report
Reports must be submitted in writing or using the Medical Review Request (MED-3) to:
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Medical Review Services
- Post Office Box 27412
- Richmond, Virginia 23269-0001
All reports of impaired drivers must include:
- Information that will help DMV identify the impaired driver (such as name, address, date of birth, etc.),
- Specific information about your concerns and why the person should be reviewed by DMV, and
- The name, address and telephone number of the person reporting the impaired driver and relationship to the driver.
Virginia law prohibits DMV from releasing information on the source or reason for the report submitted by a relative or medical professional treating the driver. Information on the source of other reports may be released, if requested.