Study Guide - Dealer Operator: Use of Dealer Plates
- A dealer is not required to purchase dealer license plates. However, if the dealer chooses to use such plates, the
- The number of plates available for a dealer to purchase is determined by total sales,
with up to 4 plates per licensed salesperson.
- An unlimited number of plates may be obtained by using the Application for Dealer License Plates.
- Dealers selling fewer than 25 vehicles per year are allowed no more than 2 dealer plates.
- A & C of the above.
If a dealer uses dealer plates, the number of plates available for purchase is determined by the total
sales, with up to 4 plates per licensed salesperson. Also, it a dealer sells less than 25 vehicles per year
he/she is only allowed 2 dealer plates.
- What is the process for replacing a lost or stolen dealer license plate?
- Notify the local police department.
- Request a replacement from the MVDB.
- Notify the local DMV office when you can also request a replacement.
- A and B above.
If a dealer tag is lost or stolen, the dealer must notify local law enforcement and if a replacement is needed,
contact the MVDB office.
Section 13 of Study Guide