Motor Carrier Insurance Filing System
Filing Insurance Electronically
To improve customer service and streamline operations, the Virginia DMV offers a service to insurance companies to electronically file insurance for motor carriers online instead of having to submit paper forms. This service option allows insurance companies to submit individual filings or to send a file containing multiple insurance filings.
Companies can submit the following types of information electronically:
- Form E - Motor Carrier Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability Certificates
- Form H - Motor Carrier Cargo Certificates
- Form K - Notice of Cancellation
- Form G - Motor Carrier Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability Surety Bonds
- Form J - Motor Carrier Cargo Surety Bonds
- Binder - Liability or Cargo
In addition, insurance companies using this service will be able to view and print the summary of any certificate of insurance, notice of cancellation, or binder entered online.
If you are an insurance company and are interested in taking advantage of this service, please contact Janet Williams by phone at (804) 497-7191 or by email at email@example.com for more information.