Skip to Content
> Authorized Motor Carriers
Text only version
Search this Site:
Authorized Motor Carriers
DMV 2 Go
Family of Deceased
Frequently Asked Questions
Fuels Tax Refund
Green On The Go
Insurance Verification Program
Zero Fraud Hotline
Forms and Publications
Search/Filter Licensed Transportation Services
Enter all or part of the name/trade name
Contract passenger carrier (includes limousines, charter buses, executive sedans)
Employee hauler carrier
Irregular route common carrier – passengers
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Carrier
Non-profit/tax exempt passenger carrier
Regular route common carrier – passengers
Sight seeing carrier
Bulk property carrier
Household goods carrier
Property carrier non-bulk
Outside of Va
Leaving all fields as is will return the full list.
Enter all or part of the carrier name or trade name in the search box. E.G. entering "BUS" will return JAMES
SERVICE INCORPORATED, MEGA
NORTHEAST LLC and any others with BUS as part of the name or trade name.
Search results of the carrier name are highlighted in red.
Locality name can be all or part of the locality name. EG. entering "BURG" will return BLACKSBURG, LYNCHBURG and others.
Refine your search/filter criteria to return a smaller result set as required.
Clicking on any column heading will order the results either ascending or descending on that column, with the arrows indicating the direction.
Clear will reset all search/filter to their default values.
Contract Passenger Carrier
- A person who contracts to transport groups of passengers and who charges a group fee. Operators of limousines, sedans and charter buses typically hold this type of licensing.
Employee Hauler Carrier
- A person who transports employees of a business to and from their place of work.
Irregular Route Common Carrier - Passengers
- A person who transports the general public for individual fees over any routes within specified areas of Virginia.
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Carrier
– A person who transports individuals for non-emergency medical transportation exclusively through an arrangement with the Department of Medical Assistance Services.
Non-Profit/Tax Exempt Passenger Carrier
- A non-profit corporation that uses only minibuses to transport its own members or the elderly, disabled, or economically disadvantaged members of a community.
Regular Route Common Carrier - Passengers
- A person who transports the general public for individual fees over specific routes.
Sight Seeing Carrier
- A person who transports the general public to and from points of interest in Virginia primarily for the passengers' experience and enjoyment and/or to promote tourism.
- A person who transports passengers in vehicles that are designed to transport no more than six passengers, excluding the driver.
Bulk Property Carrier
- A person who transports only bulk commodities (such as sand or gravel) or who operates wreckers for-hire.
Bulk Commodities - any non-liquid, non-gaseous commodity shipped loose or in mass/aggregate and which in the loading and unloading thereof is ordinarily shoveled, scooped, forked, or mechanically conveyed or which is not in containers, or in units of such size to permit piece by piece loading and unloading.
Household Goods Carrier
- A person who transports only household goods. Often referred to as movers or moving companies.
Household Goods - personal effects and property used or to be used in a dwelling, when part of the equipment or supplies of such dwelling, and similar property if the transportation of such effects or property is i)arranged and paid for by the householder, including transportation of the property from a factory or store when the property is purchased by the householder with intent to use it in his dwelling or (ii)arranged and paid for by another party.
Property Carrier Non-Bulk
- A person who transports property.
-- Includes the counties of Bland, Buchanan, Carroll, Dickenson, Floyd, Giles, Grayson, Lee, Montgomery, Pulaski, Russell, Scott, Smyth, Tazewell, Washington, Wise and Wythe and the cities of Bristol, Galax, Norton and Radford.
-- Includes the counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Stafford and the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Fredericksburg, Falls Church, Manassas Park and Manassas .
-- Includes the counties of Accomack, Gloucester, Isle of Wight, James City, Mathews, Northampton, Southampton and York and the cities of Chesapeake, Franklin, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Williamsburg.
-- Includes the counties of Amelia, Brunswick, Buckingham, Caroline, Charles City, Chesterfield, Cumberland, Dinwiddie, Essex, Fluvanna, Goochland, Greensville, Hanover, Henrico, King and Queen, King George, King William, Lancaster, Louisa, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, Middlesex,New Kent, Northumberland, Nottoway, Powhatan, Prince George, Prince Edward, Richmond, Surry, Sussex and Westmoreland and the cities of Colonial Heights, Emporia, Hopewell, Petersburg and Richmond.
-- Includes the counties of Alleghany, Amherst, Appomattox, Bath, Bedford, Botetourt, Campbell, Charlotte, Craig, Franklin, Halifax, Henry, Patrick, Pittsylvania, Roanoke and Rockbridge and the cities of Bedford, Buena Vista, Clifton Forge, Covington, Danville, Lynchburg, Martinsville, Roanoke and Salem.
-- Includes the counties of Albemarle, Augusta, Clarke, Culpeper, Fauquier, Frederick, Greene, Highland, Madison, Nelson, Orange, Page, Rappahannock, Rockingham, Shenandoah, Spotsylvania, and Warren and the cities of Charlottesville, Harrisonburg,Lexington, Staunton, Waynesboro, and Winchester.
Date Last Updated: 23-JAN-15
Permit / Certificate Number
AHMED H ABDELKADER
FRESH PRINCE TAXI SERVICE
4412 SPRENKLE LN APT A
HENRICO, VA 23228-3585
Page 1 of 1
Subscribe to DMV Web Feed
© Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) 2012, All rights reserved.
P.O. Box 27412
Richmond, VA 23269
At DMV, we are committed to protecting your privacy.
It is DMV's policy to only release your information to you.